Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine's Day | Red Roses And Expensive Dining

With Valentine's day soon approaching, I have decided in this next blog post that I would keep up to date with the latest happenings as I see many of you lovely bloggers out there often do. Now take it from someone who has never had a Valentine so to speak on Valentines day, this day is pretty much alien to me. Even now I don't really see the point in celebrating this OTT day, surely you should celebrate your love for someone all year round ladies. Anyway I'm not one to judge and I have to say, I too will be succumbing to the Valentine's charm this year myself. I'm sure the restaurant will be packed and ridiculously overpriced but I'm always one for trying things at least once.

So a few tips for you ladies out there who want to impress your Valentine this year, whether this be a long term partner, new love or even just a friend. I love a good excuse to dress up and sure you ladies will agree, so let's get down to it and start with the basics, make-up. 

The most obvious thing for me has to be some daring lipstick. In line with the Valentine's theme, a gorgeous red shade of lipstick would look stunning, or even a pink shade if you're not feeling too adventurous. I've gone for this Rimmel Alarm red shade myself, which is both glossy and vibrant and will add the final touch to any outfit. In terms of the other make-up I will be using, I love  Max Factor's long lasting foundation whenever I go out on the town as it does exactly what it says on the tin, it lasts for hours and gives you great coverage. It also matches my skin perfectly, especially if I am using fake tan as it is a much darker shade than my Clinique foundation. In terms of my blush, at the moment I am currently using a Clinique blusher palette which I really love. I think it is very important to keep those those cheeks looking flushed for your Valentine ladies! A layer of Rimmel mascara and I will be all set and ready to go! 








In terms of my outfit I have gone for a cute little black and white polka dot play suit along with my Chelsea boots (of course). A black blazer and a pair of black tights and my outfit is pretty much complete. I think it is important to try and look your best without going too over the top especially if you are a new couple. You don't to scare him off ladies!

So what do us girls expect on Valentine's day? Well as I am still trying to diet I have said no to the chocolates and gone for a nice meal for two and hopefully a bunch of flowers. If you are struggling for ideas I have listed a couple below. 

First on the list being this lovely bunch of roses from Interflora at £44.99. I am not the biggest fan of big flowers and sometimes think being subtle is better. However, these flowers, which are described as their most popular bunch of flowers on their website are perfect for my liking. Secondly on my list, is this Moet & Chandon Rose Imperial Champagne Brut, perfect if you're after luxury this year.I love an excuse to crack open the champagne and what better excuse than on Valentines day! I love Moet and am also a big fan of anything pink so why not combine the two and really treat yourself this year. Available from Asda for a price of £40.25 this is not the cheapest of champagnes but it certainly is a hot pick this Valentine's. Lastly, I think looking sexy is definitely important on Valentines day so some nice lingerie is a must ladies. Ann Summers and La Senza will be raking in the profits this kind of year I'm sure. 


Intrerflora Roses
Moet Pink Champagne
Ann Summers Volume Boost Basque

Whatever you do on this Valentines ladies make sure you enjoy yourselves, I know I certainly will!

L.A
xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...