Saturday 1 February 2014

Fit For The Queen | The Chelsea Boot


Okay, so I really love the range of Chelsea boots that have hit the high street just lately in correlation with the heritage trend. Flat ones, chunky ones, heeled ones; there are so many to choose from. I bought mine intentionally to wear for work but I must say I haven't taken them off since I bought them! Comfortable, stylish and very versatile, these boots are a must have this season! I think I paid around £40 from Topshop for mine but I have certainly got my wear out of them already. Every girl out there knows that a good pair of black boots are a wardrobe essential, and my Chelsea boots have to be one of the best pair of black boots I have ever owned. I have currently been on the lookout for a pair of heeled Chelsea style boots, these ones from River Island catching my eye in particular. At just £40.00, these grunge chunky heeled ankle boots feature Chelsea styled elastic gussets and are perfect to wear either in the day or at night. I am a lover of all things grudge so I think these are a style steal and will certainly add a bit of OOMPH to any outfit.


River Island heeled grunge ankle boots

The Chelsea boot which stems from the Victorian era has a long history in the world of fashion and in the equestrian field. In fact this boot was originally designed for the Queen herself, merging both practicality and class. Perfect for those cold winter mornings, we have seen many celebs working this trend over the years including Fearne Cotton and David Beckham (yes men can wear these stylish boots too). The next pair of boots on my list are again from River Island and are very similar to the pair I own. Reduced from £65 to £45 these are a fresh take on the classic Chelsea boot; perfect if you want to keep things simple, but still effortlessly stylish.

River Island black elastic panel Chelsea boots

Last but no means least, going off the Chelsea trend just slightly with my final pick, these retro double zip chunky ankle boots are again in the £40 range from River Island. Featuring quilted panel, these boots are not only sheek, they are also bang on trend this winter. Again, I love the grunge feel these boots have and think they would look perfect with a pair of black skinny jeans  or even a cute little dress and a pair of black tights. Obviously these are just a few of the different styles available on the high street at the moment. I would also recommend Topshop and New Look for some further inspiration, but for me River Island has to be one of my favourite shops for some of the best looking shoes on the high street at the moment.


River Island double zip ankle boots

L.A
xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...