Thursday 24 July 2014

Coconut water | Is it really that good for you?

So last week I decided to treat myself to a little shopping spree in the midst of nursing my looming hangover. Now for those of you who have ever been shopping with a hangover you will understand how painful this experience is, even more so when it's hot and your'e dehydrated. So what better way to rehydrate than to buy some water? I may have mentioned this previously, but I am a bit of a health freak, and if you haven't picked up on this already from reading my blog, you certainly will do in due course. I love researching and testing out all the latest health products on the market and have recently done a lot of research into the benefits of coconut water. Now I must say, this is quite a pricey product and I was quite reluctant to buy this healthy drink at first for this main reason. However, I decided one sunny afternoon that I would treat myself and hopefully tackle my hangover in doing so.

UFC Coconut Water
It even looks refreshing from the outside
Some of those benefits everyone's talking about
When poured it looks just like cloudy water
I quickly broke the seal shortly after purchase and was faced with a very strange sweet taste, nothing quite like anything I had ever experienced before. The taste itself was very overwhelming in fact, to the point where I could barely take more than a couple of sips out of the carton. I decided I would wait until I had got home and refrigerated my beverage until I drank any more. However even after refrigerating, this product still was undrinkable. I am not usually very fussy when it comes to trying new foods or drinks but this was a really acquired taste that I couldn't seem to stomach.

Yet there is no denying the plethora of benefits this drink contains. Referred to as 'mother nature’s' sports drink by marketers and made from Thailand's finest coconuts, this product is very popular with sports personnel. In fact this product has increased vastly in popularity after several celebrity and athlete endorsements. Everyone wants to get their hands on this new American craze it seems, but unfortunately it really wasn't for me. 

All in all despite the taste I can see why people love it. It's a guilt free drink with zero fat, barely any calories, and no nasty artificial additives or sweeteners which you can enjoy when you're hungover, dehydrated or after a workout. Some of it's health benefits include reducing blood pressure, slowing down ageing, hydrating the body and supporting digestive and urinary health. It is also said to contain more potassium than four bananas in just one serving which is incredible - I do love my bananas!

Have you ever tried coconut water and if so what do you think? I guess there is only one way of finding out if you're a coconut water fan and that's by trying it out for yourself!




2 comments:

  1. I thought exactly the same, I physically can't drink the stuff! I don't know how people do it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a strange taste isn't it!!!! I don't know either but I suppose it's one of these things you either love or hate.

      xxx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...