Saturday 21 February 2015

Laser hair removal - Is it worth it?


Alongside getting my eyes lasered, I have also been undergoing laser hair removal over the last couple of months (I haven't won the lottery I promise). After suffering from ingrowing hairs for many years, I decided enough was enough; it was time to eliminate those hairs forever. Not only do I have fairly dark skin, I also have coarse dark hairs (I take after my dad), and had previously tried everything; from waxing to epilating, to hair removal cream, before taking the plunge and opting for permanent hair removal. 

I am now on my last session (out of a total six), and I can honestly say - I wish I had done it sooner. I think the main reason why it took me so long to decide to go ahead with the procedure was because of the hefty price tag often attached to so many of the big names in the laser hair removal industry. However, after speaking with a former colleague of mine, I was reunited with the marvels of Groupon. I love a good bargain, and couldn't believe how cheap some of the offers were on here. In the end, I booked a six course treatment for little under £100 at Miss Couture in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham (which is amazing if you compare this to the likes of the Harley Medical Group or Sk:n). I didn't expect luxury and must admit, I was quite apprehensive on my first visit, but I can assure you; the end result is just as good as any other. The clinic itself was just like any other beauty parlour, and offered a whole host of treatments including botox, waxing, facials and so forth. The staff are extremely friendly and instantly put any doubts to the back of my mind. 

The treatment itself takes five to sixty minutes (depending on what area you are treating) and overall is fairly painless. Obliviously there are various discloser forms to sign beforehand and precautions you have to take, but apart from that, it is similar to going for a wax. Since attending Miss Couture laser clinic, I have noticed a significant difference as the weeks have progressed. The hair is almost non existent and ingrowing hairs are now longer a concern for me. If you are reading this and want to find out more, then why not have a look for yourself. The website has just been revamped and offers courses from as little as £300. Click here to find out more.

Have you ever had laser hair removal? What are your thoughts on the procedure?


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it.
    best laser hair removal NYC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...