Wednesday 5 March 2014

Oh So Lush | Lush Cosmetics


Okay so it is fair to say I have been missing out for the past god knows how long as I have only recently discovered how amazing the Lush cosmetics range is, and oh how my world has been turned upside down! I cannot get enough of these products and am constantly reading other bloggers posts and watching YouTube videos on which ones are your favourites. 

As you can imagine I am extremely excited to be sharing with you all my first Lush blog post (I am sure there will be many more to come). For those of you who know me and read my posts, you will be aware that I am a big lover of natural products due to my sensitive skin. When I first heard about Lush I must say I was put off by the smells and extremity of colours as I passed by one of their stores in Birmingham city centre. However after doing a lot of research into the brand, I was surprised to find that all the products are handmade and use fresh ingredients including fruit and vegetables which is locally sourced and bought into the different stores each day. With little preservatives and little packaging these products ooze ethical goodness and are right up my street that’s for sure! There is even a little note on each product to say when it was made and who by. I love this finishing touch as it really allows you to connect with the brand on a personal note. From the moment you step into one of their stories you are able to recognise that those who work for Lush really put a lot of love and care into their products. 

So the first product that I am going to be reviewing today is this Blooming Beautiful gift set bought for me by my lovely friend at Christmas. Now I have only just got round to using this but what a lovely gift it is. The first thing that struck me was the beautiful packaging it was wrapped in. In fact each of the gifts available at Lush are wrapped in some really funky paper, the only problem being with this is that it looks too nice for you to want to rip it open! 




At £7.95 I think this is definitely a well priced gift as it contains two different bath bombs. The first one, Think Pink is said to be like ‘giving a hug’ as it is filled with paper confetti hearts which you will see start to appear in your bath once it starts to dissolve. I think this is such a lovely idea and will definitely lift your mood during any bath time. I love the colour of this product, anything pink related is a winner in my eyes. 







Pop in the Bath which is also floral is said to ‘transport you to a citrus grove’. This smells divine and even though this one doesn't make my bath pink like Think Pink, I cannot wait to lather myself in the mountains of bubbles.



The second product I will be reviewing today is called Shimmy Shimmy which was bought for me by my other half as a Valentine’s gift. This massage bar which is made from Fair Trade shea and cocoa butters is said to ‘make nights out sparkle’ or I'm sure nights in! May I add here that I love the little messages that come with each Lush product, they’re so cute and again add that personal touch to the products. Now there is a whole range of massage bars available at Lush of which I cannot wait to try. This one in particular is the glitter bar as it makes your skin shimmer (think twilight), a perfect treat for me as one of my favourite things to have visually is glowing skin. Yes I love to sparkle! You can use this a few times but remember once it comes into contact with your skin, it does start to dissolve so keep it somewhere safe. Not only did my skin look great after using this, it felt so clean and super soft too. Now I didn't manage to get a picture of this one before it was used so I grabbed this one of the Lush website just to show you what it looks like if you were interested in buying it (below).




So two different products here but both of which I was very impressed with. I have recently purchased a golden egg bath bomb and a madame butterfly for my mother so I will see what these are like when she uses them!

L.A
xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...