Sunday 3 August 2014

Positive Thinking

In a quest to find my inner positive self, I have been doing a lot of thinking just lately into the positives in my life. I must admit, I have been feeling quite down lately. Finding a job is proving more difficult than it seems and I am newly single so I guess you could say I haven't quite been myself. So here is another one of my feminist rants as some of you may call it, or just something a little different to the ordinary; a look into those little things which we often take for granted, like friends and family and of course our health. I think this post is a great way of boosting my own self esteem and in turn will hopefully get you thinking too. One word of advice - never ever let anybody tell you what you can and can't do, especially not a male. 


Here's to being positive! Below is a list of my 10 positive things. Fancy writing yours? Join in using #10positives

1. I have the best family and friends. Yes everyone says this but in all honestly, I do! I may only have a small bunch of friends now but they are the most loyal people on this earth and I love each and every one of them. My family who I also adore are brilliant. I don't tell them enough how much I appreciate them so if you're reading thanks for everything!

2. I am healthy. Need I say any more? I am a healthy young lady who is able to do and go wherever I like. If this isn't a positive I don't know what is!

3. I don't have children and I am no longer tied down in a relationship. I am free to do whatever I want and this means TRAVEL!!!!

4. I have a degree. I keep forgetting this one but now I am qualified, I can do whatever I want. My dream job may not have found me yet but it will eventually. 

5. I am in work and can afford my own clothes, makeup etc. In fact I can spend my money on whatever I like at the moment. I don't have to pay bills and am not slave to a mortgage, my money is my money to spend.

6. I have food on the table. Yes I may still be living at home after graduating but this means more time to save those pennies. I am still young and am in no rush to move out and become a proper adult just yet.

7. I can date whoever the hell I like! Today women are much more independent and this means going out there, exploring and not settling for second best.

8. If I want to do something I can do it - the world is my oyster. If I want to become a spaceman who is stopping me really? 

9. The best times are yet to come. I have probably only lived a quarter of my life. I am constantly learning and this time next year who knows where I may be. As the saying goes, live every day as if its your last.

10. I am beautiful. Now this isn't a compliment I often like to accept but I have come to realise that every woman deserves to be called this because in our own unique way, we all are. 

So there you have it, 10 positive thoughts for you to ponder on this sunny evening. I may be reiterating what people have already said to me but actually writing these out has made me feel even better about everything. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a little message! I really appreciate all your kind comments :)

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...